The homeport of HIY&GC is Hat Island (Gedney Island on your chart), a private island located in Puget Sound, four miles west of Everett and just east of Whidbey Island. The island is only 1.5 miles long by .5 mile wide. This is brought to your attention so we are not mistaken for Hat Island near Anacortes, WA.
Island amenities beyond the marina are limited to property owners and their guests per the covenants of the Hat Island Community Association. With advanced notice via the Harbormaster, our officers/members will do our utmost to personally sponsor your boating party. We hope you enjoy your stay.
The following conditions apply:
- Reservations are requested so we can accommodate your boat and your party. Harbormaster @ 360-444-6656, or Hat Island Office weekdays @ 360-444-6611
- Reciprocal is not available on holiday weekends.
- Length of stay is limited to 48 hours ANNUALLY per boat/member.
- We have no fresh water or garbage facilities on the dock – all garbage must be taken with you.
- Our marina vending machines are the only commercial venture on the island. Plan accordingly.
- Reciprocal moorage is limited to 40 feet of moorage.
- 30 amp power is available at the rate of $4.00 per day.
50 amp power is available at the rate of $6.00 per day.
- Boats between 40 and limited to 62 feet can be accommodated at the rate of $1.50 per additional foot.
You do have access to:
- Our club house, with a member escort (weekends are best). The club house has ice for $2 per bag, kitchen facilities, rest rooms, and showers.
- The community picnic area south of the marina, including community rest rooms and showers.
- A nine-hole golf course – half mile walk. Golf for guests is 9 holes at $20, 18 holes at $25.
- A tennis court – 1/8 mile walk.
- Notify the Harbormaster of your intent to enter the marina by calling 360-444-6656. The Harbormaster is available all year.
- Directions of the Harbormaster are final.
- Please register and pay for power upon arrival.
- Please fly your burgee / Officers Flag.